Oxford Drug Design is an innovative biotechnology company with distinctive world-class competences. Supported by a pioneering proprietary set of computational chemistry methods developed in-house over the past 15 years, we are discovering new therapeutics against cancer and other major diseases.
Following a successful funding round, we are currently recruiting into our computer-aided drug design (CADD) team. You will be joining an experienced team of application scientists, and drug discoverers based on our offices in Oxford with a track record of success.
• Provide technical CADD expertise, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, to support ligand and structure-based drug discovery projects
• Support both in-house and external collaborative research programmes
• Learn and apply our diverse array of in-house computational technology to accelerate project progression
• Work with our methods development team to assist them in continuous improvement of our technology platform, and the validation of new methods
• Maintain and build our internal cheminformatics databases and search technologies.
• Maintain awareness of the latest technologies and developments in CADD and project areas.
• Maintain an internal and external scientific presence by authoring significant scientific presentations and publications.
Who you are:
You will hold a PhD (or equivalent experience) in computational chemistry, or a related field. Drug discovery experience gained within a pharmaceutical company or Contract Research Organization (CRO) would be a distinct advantage. You are expected to have a high degree of independence and self-motivation. Ideally, your background would include some of the following:
• Expertise in using cheminformatics techniques, relational databases, and ligand-based design
• Working knowledge of quantum mechanics (QM) and/or molecular dynamics (MD)
• Experience with modelling software, pipeline tools, scripting skills
• Very good written and verbal communication skills.
Oxford Drug Design offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment. Oxford Drug Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer – applications are welcome regardless of background.
Please note that candidates must be eligible and able to work in the UK. Please include details of your eligibility with your application.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter by 30 June 2022, quoting reference CC22-06, to: email@example.com